Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Writer's Blah

Dear Reader. "Readers" is too funny for even me.

I haven't written for a long time. I would call it writers' block but I'm not really a writer, I was more like a phone off the hook.
I was lying in bed a moment ago when I swear I could hear a jinn whispering, "pathaann ... pathaaaaan ... open your dukaaan" and I decided to listen to my delusions and write about how I can't write.
I remember how I was telling a friend in the 8th grade that there are these moments when you're talking to a girl on the phone when you're blank and have nothing to say and he told me to talk about exactly that, that awkward moment. The idea seemed brilliant until the girl started thinking I'm semi-retarded and started taking these romantic walks in the narrow corridors of the school with the talk-about-the-awkwardness friend. Awkward.

I was lying, I just made up the jinn. I couldn't sleep. I might have class tomorrow and might not and I'm an optimist.

No comments:

Post a Comment