Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Sleep Rant

It's all Skype's fault.

I love my laptop. Being a Core i7 clocked to 2.7GHz, with 1TB of space, 6GB RAM and a GeForce GT 555m AND JBL speakers to boot, it's the best thing to perfect my losing streak on First Person Shooters. In the case of a fire drill, I often forget to put on pants before exiting the building but I never forget my precious baby. But last night I wanted to smash it silent. Now before you call Child Protective Services on me, let me explain:

I'm having a wonderfully surreal dream when suddenly: too too toot .. (weird sound of a shit hitting the water) .. too too toot
..and on and on and on and on. The all-too-familiar sound of Skype starts blaring on full volume. Like a responsible student about to graduate (hopefully) and scared to shit about the future, I'd put myself in bed around 12:30, only to be woken at 2:44 by a very jet lagged friend from Pakistan who just returned from Australia. There's a moment where the dream merges with real life and you're clinging to your subconscious, hoping and praying you're still dreaming, but this idiot just kept going with his call. And then when every inch of you is awake, the call ends. And after hours of turning and tossing with closed eyes and then open eyes, I finally fell asleep again. At 5! Only to get up at 7am for class. Which stretched til 5 pm.

[Ladyhawke starts singing]
Life inside your head has come undone
Your soul descent to madness has just begun
But this is real life, oh no
You can’t fight it, oh no
Cause this is real life
[Gives Ladyhawke a bitchslap to shut her up]
I'm now going to bed to start the cycle again. Eyes closed, and Skype too.

No comments:

Post a Comment