Monday, February 1, 2010

For everything else

Exams have ended among other things and the dearth of things to do is frustrating. Monty needs to be fed but the idiot refused a piece of rare prime steak. Imagine the rich feces that follows. Very unlike my pockets at the moment.
It's the end of the month and I am broke. The reasons I tried to feed Monty a bite of my steak was because, a) borrowing money to buy snake food kinda reveals I have a snake and b) it's embarrassing asking her for money at this unemployed age. This tells me to get a job and be productive. But the kind of jobs that you get at my level of education are internships or volunteer work. Ironically, the kind that needs other motivation than monetary. I don't particularly love money but like a righteous hypocrite, I enjoy what temporary tricks it can pull off. Keeping that in mind, we can devise a theory that divides happiness in two: Consumer Happiness and Capital Happiness. The former will only take you high enough and suddenly you're hit with a vertical line on the graph relating price and utility where the price keeps increasing but you don't get any happier. Capital Happiness take a heavy one-time investment and probably a few repair jobs in the year but the peace of mind lasts for a loooong time. You can buy the latest levis from the store or finding your dad's old classic straight fit levis with your waist from 1985 during moving. Priceless. And it just occurred, from muttering that word, that Mastercard developed and pushed this theory way before me.

.Internet connection? Rs. 1500
.Consuming a cigarette while writing this? Rs. 6 and much of my health.
.Finding out that your very original idea is known to all and sundry and used as a slogan by a commercial giant? Priceless

No comments:

Post a Comment