Thursday, February 3, 2011

Triptic

I have never been comfortable around tea. The very smell of it makes my skin crawl. Not the green kind. I love the green kind. I'm talking about the black one. To think of even coming into contact with such a hideous enemy makes me want to hurl. Or made my skin crawl and hurl. No preference in the order.
But then it happened. Countless times I've seen tea spill on people and I knew all that laughing I did then was going to get me in the bad with karma. The cup shook for a fraction, my life flashed before my eyes, it dropped with the loudest bang and in an instant my jeans...my precious jeans...were soaked in doodh patti. My worst nightmare had unfolded in a second. Now if I was in my room, I'd make a GASP!, then try to overcompensate by a fake grunt and then run to the shower. But we were in the middle of the desert and 20 minutes away from the comfort of running water. The running water in my bathroom that is. So I did what any other sellout would have done: I ran all those happy chai commercials in my mind and just kinda accepted I was being stupid before. You don't want the utter dissonance of the situation to get out of hand so you pretend to see the rationale of it all. Tea's not so uncomfortable anymore.
:(

No comments:

Post a Comment