Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Monty Python the Rough

I discovered today that Monty Python is not a python but a boa. I feel relieved that it won't grow 15 feet and then kill me but i'm also kinda pissed about calling him Monty Boa now. Join the words together and you have a black name that doesn't mean anything, except when I imagine Montyb'ua's big black boyfriend and I get scared. Now I'm definitely not comfortable with my snake being associated with a big black man. Pun so not intended.

I liked to think my snake was an Indian Rock Python but every video I saw of a 4 month "baby" python had a 2 foot slender snake killing a rodent the size of a Pakistani rat. And those things kill cats in my neighbourhood. It aroused my suspicion because Monty is around 8 inches so either I got a fat midget snake or what I believed was a python is actually some other snake. So I fired up google and started looking at all these mug shots until one just seemed strikingly familiar to Monty.



Gents and ladies, I present to you the rough scaled sand boa. They call it lazy and docile. I think Monty Python the Rough and I will get along just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment