Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dumb and Braver

It has come to my attention that smart people are cowards. And keeping that in mind, the dumber you are, the physically braver. It was merely an observation before but I started thinking about it and it made sense. Smarter people have faster reflexes and I'm guessing, a higher order of intelligence that allows them to assess the antagonistic situation and their brain, in its own brave way, screams at their emotions to die down before the shit truly hits the fan. The mind offers reflex alternatives. Regardless of the fact that he or (I hope) she follows one alternative and decides to run for it, he'll or (I hope again) she'll be distracted for a full split second: the nerd gets taken down. I hope it's not my hypothetical she. But seriously, smart people develop options and often opt for those alternative routes. And a dumber crowd correlates inversely by literally refusing to think and enters the fight hard. It works and gets the job done. So ends the tale of the smart ants who worked hard in the summer and stored grain in the winter and were self-righteously wining and dining merrily in december when the stupid bear who forgot to hibernate came and trashed the place and ate the ants. The bastards deserved it after they let the grasshopper die.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment